Help us make the record books!!! North Texas Jellystone Park™ & Pirates’ Cove Water Park, along with the nation’s top water safety and training organizations, are joining forces to present The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson,™ Thursday, June 20, 2019, to build awareness about the vital importance of teaching children to swim to help prevent drowning.
Swimming is a life-saving skill for children and a vital tool to prevent drowning, the second leading cause of unintended, injury-related death for children ages 1-14. The World’s Largest Swimming Lesson™ was created to serve as a platform to help local community aquatic facilities and the many different national, regional and statewide water safety and drowning prevention organizations work together to tell this important story on a local and national level.
Pre-registration is required. One parent/adult who can swim must be in the water with the non-swimming student/child, during the lesson. No exceptions.
Students will be separated by the appropriate age group during the lessons.
- ADMISSION: FREE
- NOTE: Separate swimming adult for every non-swimmer participating required.
- ONLINE REGISTRATION REQUIRED TO PARTICIPATE: To sign-up click here
- Deadline to Sign-up by 6:00 pm, Tuesday, 6/18/19.
- AVAILABILITY: Limited to the FIRST 400 STUDENTS
- TIME: Registered participants must arrive at the registration desk at Pirates Cove no later than 7:15 pm to take part in the event. NO EXCEPTIONS
- WHO CAN ATTEND?: North Texas Jellystone Park Campers and Public students age 18 & under
- LOCATION: Pirates’ Cove Water Park, 2461 S Burleson Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
Burleson Fire Department personnel will be onsite with drowning prevention materials and also providing CPR skills training beginning at 7:00 pm